Most people like me ( I am 73, and if you are 55+ you should read this!) have several problems:
– Knee Pain
– High Cholesterol, specially low level of HDL, and high level LDL
There is a way to beat all 3, which I am using for last 10 years. My blood sugar level has remained constant at around 120 (PP), Knee pains are forgotten, and my HDL is improving steadily. Here is what I do – Take 1/4 cup of Morning Nectar first thing in the morning on empty stomach.
How to make this?
You need 4 ingredients, all available at home
1. Powdered Flax Seeds (Also known as Alsi in Mumbai area)
Buy 250 Gm at a time, roast lightly on dosa pan till they brown – DO NOT BURN
Make Powder in a Mixi, store in Fridge
2. Freshly Set Curd, every day item, or you could buy Nestle or Amul Dahi
3. Methi Seeds (Fenugreek)
– Previous night, take 2 tea spoons of Methi Seeds, and soak overnight in 2 Table spoons of Curd (Yoghurt). You will need a small bowl or a cup for this.
– Next morning, add 2 tea spoons of powdered Flax seeds, and 2 tea spoons of Honey
– Mix well and eat slowly
I assure you this is very tasty and once you start this you will not leave it. That is why I call it Morning Nectar.
How the Ingredients work:
a. Dahi is for soaking the Methi seeds and retaining the active component. If you soak Methis in water, some of the good things Methi has, will wash out in the water
b. Methi supplies 2 good things:
– Methi reduces Blood Sugar levels
– The sticky proteins in Methi help regenerate the soft tissue in the Knee Joint
c. Flax Seed oil is just about the only regular food item which increases HDL levels, and reduces LDL and VLDL levels, specially for vegetarians
d. Honey is the Panacea for many respiratory tract problems, and supplies vital amino acids for cell regeneration. I have read some where that it helps slow down aging.
Only one precaution – Do not eat or drink anything for 30 minutes after you have enjoyed this scrumptious beginning to a new day!
Dr P V Ramana